London
19°
broken clouds
humidity: 77%
wind: 4m/s SSW
H 19 • L 16
Weather from OpenWeatherMap
London St. Pats Banner

Irish mammy has a ‘woof’ day after swallowing dog’s medicine instead of cough syrup

(Picture: Ciara Maxwell/Facebook)
(Picture: Ciara Maxwell/Facebook)

ONE Irish mammy had a ‘woof’ day earlier this week, when she accidentally swallowed hibiscrub for her dog, instead of cough syrup. 

Helen Maxwell from Co. Tyrone mistook skin disinfectant prescribed by her pet’s vet for a cough syrup mixture.

In a panic, Helen sent her daughter Ciara a text to tell her about the mix-up, but unfortunately for Helen, Ciara couldn’t help but see the funny side.

“I actually can’t see the screen from laughing so much!” Ciara laughed.

There wasn’t much sympathy from Helen’s doctor either, who told her she should drink some milk and “hopefully” she wouldn’t start barking.

While Helen Maxwell hasn’t taken on any canine attributes as yet, her daughter Ciara told The Irish Post, “She’s barking mad with all the publicity!”

Take a look at the texts between Ciara and her Mam in the pictures below… 

(Picture: Ciara Maxwell/Facebook)
(Picture: Ciara Maxwell/Facebook)
(Picture: Ciara Maxwell/Facebook)
(Picture: Ciara Maxwell/Facebook)
(Picture: Ciara Maxwell/Facebook)
(Picture: Ciara Maxwell/Facebook)

 

Likes(0)Dislikes(0)
Jono’s MPU

Erica Doyle Higgins
ABOUT 

Erica Doyle Higgins is a Digital Reporter with The Irish Post. You can follow her on Twitter @EDoyleHiggins

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

About us

The Irish Post is the biggest selling national newspaper to the Irish in Britain.

Irishpost.co.uk delivers all the latest Irish news to our online audience around the globe.

Subscribe

Irish Post